Making a commitment and seeing a commitment through to the end, are two completely different animals. Your ‘level’ of commitment ultimately determines your level of success. Meeting a commitment requires determination, drive and the 'self imposed' will to win. Regardless of whether it is a business or a personal commitment, you will be known, even judged, as a person that keeps their commitments, or someone who does not. The following steps outline a foundation for not only setting, but also more importantly, meeting the commitments that you make.
Why, so many times, do people fall short of their commitments?
1) Commitment starts in the heart: When you commit from the heart, you have a 'high level commitment'
2) Commitment is tested by action: Talk is cheap; it’s action that counts. You must make the move; action can be painful, but it is the only way to get out of the gate
3) Commitment can be measured: Simply look at your calendar and/or your checkbook to measure your level of commitment
4) Commitment requires discipline: “There will be the pain of discipline, or the pain of defeat”
5) Commitment flourishes with public accountability: GO PUBLIC and you will have the incentive to follow through with your commitment. Fear of failure is a strong motivator…
Think twice before making a commitment… But when you do…. Commit with your heart, build your action plan, measure your progress, stay disciplined and go public with the commitment…